Terms and Conditions
Ravosa Marine Services
Inception: Sept. 19th 2018
1. Agreement. These Terms of Service, together with the Order Form (as defined below) create the agreement (“Agreement”) between Ravosa Marine Services, LLC, (hereinafter referred to as “Ravosa”) and Customer for the purchase and sale of Services. In case of conflict, the documents shall control in the following order of precedence: the Order Form and these Terms of Service. Any additional or different terms that Customer may provide or communicate to Ravosa are material alterations and Ravosa expressly rejects them.
2. Parties to this Agreement; Definitions. As used in this Agreement, the terms: (a) “Ravosa” shall mean Ravosa Marine Services, LLC; (b) “Customer” shall mean the Customer identified in the Service Authorization, estimate, work order, online request or other ordering document; (c) “Manufacturer(s)” shall mean the entity or entities that manufactured the Parts used in the Services; (d) “Order Form” shall mean the estimate or work order which reference these Terms of Service, prepared by Ravosa and signed by Customer (e) “Part(s)” shall mean the new and/or used parts, components, accessories or materials used in the Services; and (f) “Services” shall mean the repair and/or maintenance services performed by Ravosa for Customer, together with the Parts; “Terms of Service” shall mean these terms and conditions of maintenance and repair services, and (g) “Vessel” shall mean Customer’s vessel (under his ownership or control) to be serviced by Ravosa.
3. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
LIMITED WARRANTY ON SERVICES: Ravosa warrants that the Services will be performed in a good and workmanlike manner (“Services Warranty”). The Services Warranty is valid for a period of 30 days from the date the Services are performed. Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and Ravosa’s entire liability under the Services Warranty, is the repair of any nonconforming portion of the Services. The Services Warranty is valid only if the Vessel is returned, at Customer’s expense, to Ravosa’s repair facilities or if vessel remains at same marina location where repairs took place. Any claim for repairs to be performed by other than Ravosa must be approved in writing by Ravosa prior to commencement of any work. The Services Warranty extends only to the Customer for whom the Services were provided and not any subsequent purchaser. RAVOSA PROVIDES NO OTHER WARRANTIES CONCERNING ITS SERVICES AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
PARTS – MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES ONLY: Any warranties on any Parts are limited only to those written warranties provided by the applicable Part’s manufacturer. EXCEPT FOR ANY SUCH WARRANTIES MADE BY MANUFACTURERS, THE PARTS ARE SOLD WITHOUT ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EACH OF WHICH IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. NO OTHER WARRANTIES: EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, RAVOSA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Ravosa neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connection with the services or any parts provided to customer in conjunction with the services.
4. Rates; Authorization; Additional Repairs. Quotations. Unless otherwise specified in writing, all Ravosa quotations are firm for fifteen (15) days from the date of the quotation.
Prices. All prices are effective only as set forth in an Ravosa quotation according to the schedule in that quotation. All prices are subject to change without notice and are subject to correction of clerical errors. Taxes. Customer is responsible for and shall pay all taxes and/or duties applicable to the products (Parts). If Ravosa pays such taxes on Customer’s behalf, Customer shall reimburse Ravosa in full. Charges for labor. Ravosa’s charges for labor are not based on actual mechanic’s time but are established by multiplying Ravosa’s labor rate by industry time allowances or Ravosa’s own judgment of the time to be charged. Unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to the commencement of the work: (i) any estimates or quotations rendered as to prices, time, material and labor required to perform the work are estimates only and are subject to variances; and (ii) the Customer shall be charged and shall pay for all time, parts, materials, and supplies at Ravosa’s then prevailing rates (with respect to time) or prices (with respect to parts, materials and supplies). However, if Ravosa discovers that different or additional repairs are indicated, Customer will be contacted for authorization to make such additional repairs. Authorization may be given by Customer orally or in written form, including email. In the event that Customer authorizes commencement but does not authorize completion of a repair or service, a charge will be imposed for disassembly, reassembly, or partially completed work. Such charge will be directly related to the actual amount of mechanic’s time and/or parts involved in the inspection, repair, or service performed. Ravosa will submit warranty claims on behalf of Customer for manufacturers for whom it is authorized to perform warranty service; however Customer understands and agrees that it is responsible for full payment for any Services provided that are not covered by warranty. Ravosa is not responsible for any loss, damage, or other liability caused by, arising from, or related to repair or maintenance work recommended by Ravosa that is declined by Customer. Customer agrees that Ravosa employees may operate Customer’s Vessel for purposes of facilitating the repairs, including but not limited to diagnosing, road testing, and sublet services. Cancellation. No order may be cancelled by Customer in whole or in part, without Ravosa prior written consent.
5. OEM Parts. Customer acknowledges that estimates for non-warranty repairs may include parts not made by the original manufacturer. Parts used in the non-warranty repair of customer’s Vessel by other than the original manufacturer are required to be at least equal in like kind and quality in terms of fit, quality and performance to the original manufacturer parts they are replacing. Customer agrees to pay for all services, parts and materials described herein and all other incidental services, parts, supplies and materials which are, in the opinion of Ravosa, reasonably necessary to perform the work specified by the Owner’s instructions. Owner authorizes Ravosa to operate the Vessel for purpose of testing, inspection, delivery, docking and berthing, and when otherwise necessary, at Customer’s risk.
6. Sublet Repairs. Customer acknowledges that portions of the repairs may be provided by a subcontractor hired by Ravosa and Customer hereby authorizes all sublet repairs that Ravosa, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary.
7. Damage; Theft. Ravosa is not responsible for loss of or damage to the Vessel, including any motors attached to the Vessel, including any chattel, or personal property of Customer, due to or arising from fire, weather, theft or any other cause except the sole negligence of Ravosa. Ravosa is not responsible for any loss or damage to articles of personal property that have been left in the Vessel or for loss or damage to bodies, trailers or special equipment, including any cargo, materials or supplies carried on or in such bodies, trailers or special equipment, whatever the cause. Ravosa is not responsible or liable for any damages, injuries, including personal injuries from Customer’s operation of the vessel at any time. Ravosa makes no claims that the Customer’s vessel is seaworthy, and Customer assumes full responsibility for any and all safety, maintenance, structural, electrical and mechanical operation of the vessel while under Customer’s control in or out of the water. Ravosa is not responsible or liable for any damages, losses, claims or demands of any kind name or nature, including personal injuries of the Customer or their passenger or passengers, in the event the Customer is stranded at sea for any reason, and Customer has been advised to obtain towing insurance in the event the vessel becomes inoperable at sea or in any body of water.
8. Payment; Storage Fees. All charges for repairs including labor and materials furnished are due and payable simultaneously with the delivery of the within described Vessel or prior to delivery upon the expiration of three (3) days after notice to Customer that the repairs have been completed. If the Vessel described herein is not picked up within three (3) days after such notice is given, Ravosa may charge daily storage fees at rates that are ordinary and customary for the area, but not to exceed $35.00 per day or the maximum rate allowable by applicable law. Payment for materials and services is due and payable upon completion of the work, or within ten (10) days after the date of any statement rendered by Ravosa, whichever is earlier. Down Payment. Ravosa may request a down payment before commencing any work, with the balance is due at time of completion and before pick-up. Late payment. All invoiced amounts unpaid and outstanding will be subject to a charge of one and one half percent (1½%) per month (18% per annum) from the date due or up to the maximum allowed by applicable law from the date due.
9. Mechanic’s Lien; Lien Sale; Collection. In addition to any and all other legal remedies available to Ravosa, Customer authorizes and acknowledges an express mechanic’s lien in favor of Ravosa on the Vessel described herein for all charges for repairs, including labor and parts, storage and/or towing. Customer authorizes and acknowledges that if payment in full is not received within ten (10) days after Ravosa has notified the Customer that the repairs are completed: (i) Ravosa may, in accordance with applicable state law, begin lien sale proceedings and sell the Vessel at public auction; and/or (ii) Ravosa may refer such account to its attorneys or a collection agency for collection and Customer shall be responsible for all reasonable costs of collection, including reasonable attorneys fees which shall be paid by Customer. Customer shall be liable for space rental and dockage fees if the Vessel is not claimed by Customer within 24 hours after completion of work performed under this work order or supplements thereto. If any charges, including but not limited to charges for construction, repairs and installations, and those for space rental and dockage, are not paid within ten (10) days after delivery of any statement rendered by Ravosa, Ravosa shall have a lien on the Vessel, and may thereafter sell the vessel and its equipment at a public auction. The proceeds of the sale shall be applied to the discharge of the lien and the cost of maintaining, storing and selling the Vessel. The remainder, if any, shall be paid to the Customer.
10. Governing Law; Venue; Time to Commence Action. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of Laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in each case located in Boston, Massachusetts, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court. Customer has one (1) year from the accrual of any cause of action arising from the purchase of the Services to commence an Action against Ravosa.
11. LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT IN THE EVENT OF ANY ACTION BROUGHT BY CUSTOMER AGAINST RAVOSA, CUSTOMER SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AS DEFINED IN THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF INCOME OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR DOWN-TIME, OR ANY PUNITIVE DAMAGES. RAVOSA’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY AND ALL CAUSES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEFECTS IN THE GOODS, SERVICES, SUPPLIED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE CHARGES OF THE SERVICES PAID UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. RAVOSA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OF THE DESIGN NOR THE STRENGTH OF ANY LIFTING LUB, CLEAT OR EYE ATTACHED TO THE VESSEL, TO WHICH RAVOSA REASONABLY ATTACHES FOR HANDLING, LIFTING OR MOORING.
12. Fees and Expenses of Actions. In any Action, whether initiated by Ravosa or Customer, where the Customer has a right, pursuant to statute, common law or otherwise, to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in the event it prevails, Customer agrees that Ravosa shall have the same right to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection with the Action in the event that Ravosa prevails.
13. Waiver; Severability; Entire Agreement. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by Ravosa’s authorized representative. If any provision or part of any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to violate any applicable law or regulation, such invalid provision or part of a provision shall be inapplicable, BUT the remaining part of that provision and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue to be binding and enforceable. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties hereto and supersedes any and all prior agreements and understandings, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof.
Ravosa reserves the right to require Customer and/or his agents, representatives or employees to provide a Certificate of Insurance confirming that they have sufficient liability insurance to satisfy any losses of any type which may occur while their vessel, its equipment and personal property are on Ravosa’s premises, BEFORE any work is undertaken by them or by Ravosa.
15. Monthly Maintenance
The term and any renewal terms for the maintenance of are described in the Order Form. The Agreement will become effective, without further notice of acceptance, when we accept your Order Form (“Effective Date”). Unless indicated otherwise in the Order Form, the Agreement will automatically continue in effect at then-current list pricing on a month to month basis (“Order Term”) or until one party terminates the Agreement in accordance with this Section 14. Either party may terminate an Order Form by giving the other party written notice of its intent to do so, and such termination will become effective 30 days after the notice is given or upon expiration of the current Order Term, whichever occurs later. We may suspend our services or terminate the Agreement if, there has been a material breach of your obligations under the Agreement, or a violation of law. If the cause of the suspension is reasonably capable of being remedied, we will provide you notice of what actions you must take to reinstate the product. If you fail to take the actions or the cause cannot be remedied within 10 days, we may terminate the Agreement. You may terminate the Agreement immediately upon written notice if we commit a material breach and fail to cure the material breach within 30 days. We may amend these Terms of Service from time to time by giving you at least 30 days prior written notice. If an amendment materially changes the Agreement, you may request good faith negotiations regarding those terms that materially change the Agreement. If the parties cannot reach mutual agreement on the material changes within 30 days, you may terminate the Agreement immediately on written notice. Termination of the Agreement will not relieve you of your obligation to pay us any amounts you owe up to and including the date of termination.
16. Communication Consent; Use of Customer Data. Ravosa may use information Customer provides Ravosa, including but not limited to email addresses, cell phone numbers, and landline numbers (“Customer Data”) to contact Customer for purposes related to this account, including debt collection, and for marketing and sales purposes. You also authorize Ravosa and its affiliates to use and disclose Customer Data to third parties for any purpose in an anonymous or aggregated form that does not identify the Customer. In addition, Customer Data and Vessel maintenance service and repair information arising from or created as a result of maintenance and repair services provided by Ravosa to Customer, including Vessel owner information, Vessel identification numbers, and Vessel specifications (“Vessel Repair Data”), may be provided to Vessel/component manufacturer(s) and the Vessel/component manufacturer(s) dealers, and their respective service management platform providers (“Maintenance Third Parties”) and used by Ravosa and such Maintenance Third Parties to support and enhance Vessel repair services provided to Ravosa and the Maintenance Third Parties’ customers. You also authorize Ravosa and the Maintenance Third Parties to use and disclose Vessel Repair Data to third parties for any purpose in an anonymous or aggregated form that does not identify the Customer.